Continued from Part 2
I created a pattern for the top illusion portion of the bodice, and cut it from what had been the sleeves. I shortened the back torso at the waist, put in a new zipper, stitched in the darts, and got the belt together:
Once it was together, I called Lea back for a fitting. We also picked out exactly which shades of rhinestones would look great with the dress... (we chose Diamond and Chrysolite). I wanted to make sure everything was in the right place and fit correctly before I put any rhinestones on. This was a fun fitting because I could tell that Lea and her family could really see that this dress would be suitable for prom :) I did need to make a few tweaks to the back to get everything juuuust right, but it was mostly there.
I loved how this dress is coming together, and I love sharing the process with everyone! Stay with me, next time, I get a lotta bit sparkly!
I'm Denise Meyer, apparel designer in State College, PA, saving the world one clothing problem at a time!